Getting rid of rubbish is never a glamorous job but it’s one that needs doing nonetheless. However, having unsightly rubbish bins on your driveway or in your garden is a big no-no. You want to create a beautiful home exterior so the last thing you want is an unattractive bin cluttering up the space.
Moreover, you need something strong and reliable that will contain rubbish without breaking. We have been taking a look at some of the best outdoor bins and have compiled a list of our top picks.
Table of Contents
Our Top 7 Outdoor Bins
Choosing between the many outdoor bins on the market can often be a headache inducing task. But don’t spend hours searching for the right one. We have put together a list of some of the very best outdoor bins on the market to save you the hassle.
Easy Shopping 90L Galvanised Bin – Our Top Pick
- 90 Liter Metal Galvanized Bin Waste Rubbish Garden Dustbin Storage Unit. Made From Strong and Sturdy...
- Great for a Range of Different Uses from Household Rubbish to Storing Animal Feed
- Designed For General Household Waste, Garden Rubbish, Weeds, Cardboard, Or Ideal Storage Container.
This 90 litre bin provides you with more than enough space for all your rubbish, keeping your outdoor area looking clean and tidy. What’s more, it is made from galvanized steel which is one of the best materials for outdoor use. This design will ensure that the bin can stand up to elements as well as making it incredibly stable so it won’t be easily knocked over.
It is just the right size to fit a standard black bag so you don’t need to worry about having to buy anything other than you usually would. It features a handle for easy removal of the lid which has a secure fit, preventing wildlife from getting into the bin.
As well as being used as a bin, this is a great storage option for things like animal feed, wood and other outdoor items.
|Good size||We couldn’t find anything wrong with this bin|
|Made from durable materials|
KD & Jay Lockable 80L Outdoor Bin – Best Value For Money
- Strong & Sturdy with a lid
- Black outdoor clip lid for a tighter stronger seal
- It has very strong Comfortable carrying handle's
When you see how affordable this large capacity outdoor bin is, you might be fooled into thinking that it wasn’t of the best quality. But this couldn’t be further from the truth. The KD & Jay outdoor bin is one of the most robust and stable bins we have seen, and it won’t break the bank.
Made from a durable plastic material, this outdoor bin is designed to withstand the elements and there is no risk of rust or corrosion. What’s more, it comes with a lockable lid so there is no chance of animals getting inside and creating a mess.
The KD & Jay outdoor bin features a very flat bottom meaning that it won’t wobble or falter, even when the wind picks up. And speaking of picking up, the bin features two secure handles for ease of movement. While it might not be the most attractive bin, it does what you need it to and will stand the test of time.
|Extremely stable||Not very nice looking|
|Made from durable materials|
|Lid can be locked|
|Large 80L capacity|
Dawson’s Living Black Wheelie Bin – Best Large Outdoor Bin
- COMMON WHEELIE BIN: The Dawsons Living Wheelie bin is the exact same size as the common wheelie bin...
- GENERAL HOUSEHOLD WASTE: The bin makes great use for general household waste, a great place to put...
- LIFTING EQUIPMENT COMPATIBLE: The bin has a strengthened front comb to ensure the bin fits with the...
If you are looking for a replacement for your council-given bin then this large capacity wheelie bin will be everything you are looking for. The design is in keeping with the lifting equipment that council refuse disposal trucks use, which is a great feature. It has a massive 240 litre capacity and is built to withstand anything that the outdoors throws at it.
The Dawson’s living black wheelie bin sits on two stable rubber wheels, allowing it to be freely moved around your driveway and garden. When static, the flat bottom gives the bin an excellently stable base.
Depending on the aesthetic you are looking for or if you like to colour code your bins, this one also comes in a choice of other colours, including blue and green.
|Made from durable materials||Lid isn’t as secure as some other bins|
|Wheels for easy transportation|
|Choice of colours|
|Compatible with council refuse collection lorries|
Premier Home Premium Metal Ashtray And Bin – Best For Patios
- Ideal for a wide range of uses such as at home, in the garden, at the office, outside pubs &...
- Litter Bin & Ash Tray Choice of 2 designs. Brushed stainless steel Matt black powder coated
- Litter/rubbish bin with seperate ash tray on top Easy to empty - ash tray simply lifts off
For anyone who is looking for something attractive and sleek for their patio, this high-quality metal ashtray and bin is the perfect solution. It is designed for outdoor use so will withstand the elements without its appearance being affected.
At the top, there is an ashtray and the bottom portion contains a bin making this the ideal choice for BBQs and garden parties to keep everywhere pristine during the festivities.
What’s more, the Premier Home metal outdoor bin comes in a choice of designs and colours allowing you to blend it in with your garden. The inner bucket comes out for easy emptying and while it does have a smaller capacity, it is designed for occasional use rather than storing large amounts of refuse until collection day.
|Super attractive design||Expensive|
|Also features an ashtray||Smaller capacity|
|Ideal for decking and patios|
|Choice of colours and designs|
Sterling Ventures Heavy Duty Garden Bin – Best For Organic Waste
- Weather resistant, suitable for use outside
- Made from thick quality matt plastic
- Plastic locks that clip to the lid very securely
While many councils do provide a bin for organic waste, this can often fill up more quickly than it is emptied, especially if you’re a keen gardener. This heavy duty bin is designed particularly for garden waste and features a lockable lid to keep everything neat and tidy. That said, you could just as easily use it for general household waste.
The Sterling Ventures bin is made from thick plastic giving it improved durability and when you consider the price, this is also great value for money. Furthermore, the easy grip handles make moving the bin around so much simpler.
It features a 23L capacity, so it isn’t the largest bin in the world but as a back-up to your regular garden waste bin, it works perfectly.
|Affordable||Small capacity compared to some other bins|
|Choice of two colours|
CrazyGadget 90 Litre Galvanised Bin
- CrazyGadget 90 litre metal indoor/outdoor storage bin is ideal for kitchen or garden everyday use
- Special Locking Lid, Gloss finish with powder coating, Made from strong and sturdy galvanised steel...
- Great for a range of different uses from household rubbish to storing animal feed
As far as metal outdoor bins are concerned you need to be looking for something that has been treated so that it won’t rust or corrode when exposed to the elements. This bin is made from galvanised steel which is one of the most suitable outdoor materials there is. Not only will it resist moisture, it is also incredibly robust.
The CrazyGadget outdoor bin features a handy 90 litre capacity making it ideal for general household waste but it would also work well for storage of things like pet food. The lid can be locked to keep out wildlife so you don’t need to worry about waking up in the morning to a spillage.
We also think that this is quite an attractive looking bin, as far as outdoor bins go. With a sleek and shiny metal finish, it won’t ruin the aesthetic of your outdoor space. What’s even better is that it comes in a huge range of colours including some pretty vibrant ones if you want to turn your bin into a statement.
|Choice of colours|
Tayg Waste Bin
- EcoTayg waste bin with 100L capacity.
- Rear and side handles and wheels for easy transport.
- With pedal for easy opening.
This 100 litre wheeled bin is easy to transport when it is time to empty and comes with a handy foot pedal so you don’t need to touch the bin when putting rubbish inside. It comes in a choice of lid colours and features a traditional looking black body which is easy to conceal in a corner of the garden.
The Tayg waste bin is made from a poly material which won’t rust and will do well when it is exposed to the elements; perfect for long term outdoor use.
What’s really great about this bin is that it is super lightweight. When it is full, it’s only ever going to be as heavy as what’s inside but starting off with something so light will make life easier when you’re moving it around. Transportation is made even easier thanks to the inclusion of two sets of handles at the sides and at the rear of the bin.
|Made from durable materials||Smaller than some other bins|
|Lightweight||Lid doesn’t lock|
|Easy to move|
|Choice of colours|
|Easy to conceal|
What To Look For When Buying An Outdoor Bin
Buying a bin is pretty simple but there are a few things that you ought to keep in mind when choosing the right one. Take a look at our quick bin-buying tips to ensure that you end up with a reliable product.
- Make sure that you purchase the right sized bin. The last thing you want is something that isn’t large enough to contain all of your rubbish which may then spill out. What’s more, if the lid won’t go on because the bin is too full, this can attract flies and other pests.
- Speaking of the lid, make sure that you select a bin with a secure lid. If it is not, there is a risk of cats and other animals being able to remove it by knocking it off which will then lead to them creating a mess!
- Choose a bin that is made from strong materials. The outdoors will put the receptacle through a lot so you need to make sure that it can stand up to the elements.
- You will want to consider the appearance of the bin. Most are made from either plastic or metal so be sure to choose something that fits the current aesthetic of your home’s exterior. That said, a bin is never going to be a decorative feature but we are going to be looking at some ways of hiding your bin.
Ways To Disguise Your Outdoor Bin
While we have tried to source some of the best looking outdoor bins, sometimes this just isn’t enough and you want to conceal your bins to keep your property looking beautiful. There are many great and creative ways that you can do this, so let’s take a look at some of the best ideas.
- If you want to create a nice feature for your outdoor space as well as concealing your bins then building a brick wall to place them behind is a great option. While this may require a little more work than some other ways, you will be left with a solid structure that provides the ultimate concealment.
- If building a brick wall feels like a little bit too much of a trying task then why not go for wood instead? You can create a wooden storage box to place the bin inside and what’s great about this option is that you can paint it to match the theme of the rest of your property.
- There are many privacy screens out there and you can use these to conceal the bins. However, you should make sure that you choose something with a bit of weight to avoid it blowing over on a windy day.
- If you love a beautifully planted garden then why not try creating an Eden around your bin? You can build tall planters and fill them with vibrant flowers, placing your bin underneath. The stunning display will take the attention away from the garbage.
- One of the simplest options is to buy a ready made bin box. These are widely available and come in different shapes and sizes. They are easy to assemble and provide a suitable cover for your bin.
It is vital to have a good way of disposing of your outdoor waste but not all bins are made equal. You need something practical and reliable as well as a bin that isn’t going to be out of place on your property. We have looked at some of the best outdoor bins on the market but be sure to check out our buying tips to ensure that you always get the best products. What’s more, if you don’t want an unsightly bin cluttering up your outdoor space, we have some great tips for hiding it.